Your Medical Social Worker will identify and coordinate many available community resources to help you to attain your health care goals.
- Evaluation of social, economic, environmental and emotional factors that could affect the patient’s condition
- Obtaining needed community services such as Meals On Wheels, chore services, transportation, financial assistance and support groups
- Patient and family counseling and education
- Assistance with long-term planning and alternative living arrangements
- Stress management/coping skills training
- Helping eligible patients obtain prescription assistance